Rippen Metal Grand

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:30:30 -0500

Thanks Bill Morton for the pictures. WOW, that is one unusual piano. I think if I had not seen your picture and walked into a home to tune a piano and saw that, I would have to change my pants! That thing is just too strange. Was it made on Mars? Was this thing developed for entertainment on an airplane? Did a sister of this one fly on the Hindenburg (sp?)?

Seriously though, I see it is straight strung! It looks awful grey under the strings - please don't tell me it has an aluminum soundboard also? What is the wooden curved object that I see under the strings to the rear of the dampers? How long is the piano? How does it sound?????

Thanks again for the picture. Anyone that has not seen an aluminum piano - request this picture from Bill. You just gotta see it to believe it!

Terry Farrell