Richard Oliver Snelsons Unhappiness

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:44:48 +0100

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>              Richard
>              Although I share your unhappiness over the
> recent post on way overpersonlly held opinions being
> expressed here on list, we are a self policing agency, so
> far.
>     Personally though I take issue with your perception
> that the piano tech info is somehow clouded over by an
> abundance of this sort of thing which I will respectfully
> disagree......

Thank you kindly Dale, for these words.

>             Preaching to the choir
>             Regard--Dale Erwin

I also take very much issue, with respect to the notion that
Pianotech is or has become diminished by the blend of OT
posts, out and out rants, piano related trivia, kidding
around and that which we all enjoy most.. pure piano
technical gibberish.

I find it just as meaningless to accuse this list of being a
bunch of lonely heart socialites as I find just about any of
the other irrational ravings about politics, OT humour, or
so called piano related issues. Nor would I miss out for a
minute on all the entertainment I get from reading some of
our more prolific humourists on this list... Roger, Ron N,
Carl, and others.

If we were to accept what apparenty Richards definition of
garbage is in this, then what should we think of conventions
where our community behaviour is nearly identical to what we
find on the list ? We go in and out of pure piano technical
talk all the time and boy am I gratefull we do. What an
unbearably boring bunch we would be if we cant kid around,
throw a few broadsides at each other, leave the arena for
short interludes or the rest of it. Indeed and contrary to
what some would claim, things have pretty much always been
the same here and a short survey of archives will bear that
out.

We designate posts OT so folks can simply delete them, and
that should easily go for the archives or digest. Nobody
likes all of what we see around us... that doesnt mean we
simply call garbage on the human race and decide to leave.
Turn the channel and spare us your personal condemnations.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.