Richard Oliver Snelsons Unhappiness

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:28:17 EST

             Richard
             Although I share your unhappiness over the recent post on way
overpersonlly held opinions being expressed here on list, we are a self
policing agency, so far.
    Personally though I take issue with your perception that the piano tech
info is somehow clouded over by an abundance of this sort of thing which I
will respectfully disagree.
    Also if that is your perception then I am personally discouraged and
consider this a disparaging remark to those of us who are regular
contributors. When I first started on list two years ago I felt I had
something to contribute. I work in a rebuilding shop everyday and have the
oppurtunity and privledge to see, and experience things(as do others) which I
find personally interesting and I also realize some of those things may be of
interest. But posting them takes time as every contributor knows and honestly
I have had trouble telling if what I post really is of any interest either by
lack of comment or more importantly encouragement. It's rare to recieve a
post just saying thanks or I appreciate that point of view. I admit I've done
this frequently but really not enough considering what I've learned from the
others on this forum. When it happens it helps. Richard Brekkne  sent me sever
al notes which were timely early on. Thanks Ric. As A newbie to the list it
took some time for me to understand list protocol and etiquette. For the
times I was abrasive ,I apologize at this time. On occasion I was held
accountable and realized I was out of line.
     I think that we can  keep encouraging severely off topic stuff privately
and discreetly from when it's posted. . Everybody knows whats's inflammatory
so chill out. For those lurkers who rarely  post, I have no idea how many are
out there but every one can contribute something in the spirit of gracious
and collegial words of encouragements and yes even restraint. If you wan to
see more piano content then encourage it to grow don't just go away as your
imput is valued too.
            Preaching to the choir
            Regard--Dale Erwin