Steinway upright tuning

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:25:49 -0500

Friends,

A church client received as a donation a 1995 Steinway model 1098, and
in November 1998 I got to tune it for the first time and have been
caring for it since.  Knowing that this piano had a reputation of being
difficult to tune, I encouraged them to buy a complete Dampp-Chaser
system, and they did.  Since then the changes I need to make during
tuning are small, and the piano doesn't sound crappy between tunings,
the way it did before the system was installed.

Regards, Clyde