Bad Tenor/Bass Scale Break

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:57:14 -0700

    Farrell wrote;
        "The middle bass and below sounded like a typical spinet bass. =
The low
tenor sounded like loud rubber bands, and the upper bass was very, very =
weak
and ultra spinet-sounding (both effects increasing as you approached the
break). The bass/tenor break on this piano is tonally by far the worst
example of a bad break I have ever heard (by some large multiple)."

    Sounds to me like a classic example, Terry. If you remember, I =
posted the same question concerning the new Yamaha GA1-Es a couple of =
months ago. That's the problem; too low a pitch for a string that short. =
I'd like to hear what Ron O says about it if he gets a look at that =
image, though.

Kevin Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com