Bad Tenor/Bass Scale Break?

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:37:58 +1100

Terry,

You wrote:

>I am regulating an action out of a 4' 7" 1973 G. Steck Aeolian. . .
>. The bass/tenor break on this piano is tonally by far the worst
>example of a bad break I have ever heard (by some large multiple).

If you or a friend has a digital camera, I would like to see an
overhead image of the back half of this piano. If you take the lid
off and place a plank over the pin block to stand on, supporting the
board on the outer rim, I would be very interested in getting a copy
of the resultant jpeg (lay a 300 mm rule on the bass strings before
the shoot so we can derive a scale of the image).

Ron O

--
Overs Pianos
Sydney Australia