Another new tool

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:20:04 -0500

OK Ron:

I went to Harbor Freight and bought the calipers.  Thanks for the tip.  I have some similar calipers that are inches only, and I've been looking for metric ones.  This is better to have both in one unit.  I think this one is a little more accurate (repeatable measurements) that my others also.

I told the clerk that you sent me so you'll get your commission!

dave

On 6/19/01 at 4:39 PM Ron Nossaman wrote:

>How is life in the limbo between two measuring systems treating you these
>days? A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new tool some of you might find
>useful if you're in this position as I am.
>
>Harbor Freight Tools, 6" dial caliper ( 40926-OVGA ) measures in 0.001" AND
>0.02mm increments with two scales and two pointers on the same dial face.
>Cost $20. It's quite reasonably well made, and accurate. It comes in a
>sturdy padded ABS (?) plastic case with actual molded and pinned hinges.
>For anyone needing quick high precision measurements in inches and/or
>millimeters with an easy readout of both at the same time - this seems like
>a reasonable deal. Having used it in the shop for a while, I like it. It's
>probably saved me $17.50 worth of time figuring conversions already, so I
>expect to break even on it by the end of the week.
>
>http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40926
>
>for a picture.
>

>Ron N

David M. Porritt