vacuums

L. Verkoelen lverkoelen@pineknot.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:31:32 -0700

Hi all,

Thought I'd chime in on the vacuum issue since that is what I repair when I
don't have pianos to work on.

I also use a Eureka Mighty Mite. With the shoulder strap on it is easy to
get around the piano and take care of business. I only blow out a piano with
the permission of the owner and after I have vacuumed it out as much as
possible.
Eureka made several models of the Mighty Mite. Mine is 4.0 horsepower and
with a fresh bag in it, it sucks as well or better than any small vac on the
market. They are a bit tough to find under the Eureka name but they are
still available under their commercial name of Sanitaire. Most good vacuum
shops (not KMART) can still get them.

Louis Verkoelen
Associate Technician
Big Bear City CA.