Needling Technique

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:54:07 -0700

At 03:27 PM 06/16/2001 +0200, Antares wrote:
>I keep reading about people having big problems with GRANITE hard hammers.
>I personally would refuse to work with those pso's, because life is no fun
>anymore if you break 100 needles plus during one voicing. (not to mention
>the agony for your back, shoulder, arm and hand muscles!

Dag, OOR ... if I am confronted with granite hammers ... [shhhh]
[I reach for the vise-grip pliers and the vodka ....] There, I said it!
Life's too short to spend it fishing in hammers for broken needles.
If hammers are so hard that the vise-grips can't flex them and so full
of plastic that the alcohol cannot penetrate, they don't belong in a
piano. I suppose they could still be soaked overnight in acetone and
then blown out. Luckily I've never had to deal with any that bad.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Susan

`@ where music is -- (er ...) there I am @^