'birds eye'

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:27:28 +0200

antares wrote:

> > Antares,
> >
> > This, in our lingo, is the flange part where the center pin is supposed to
> > be tight, i.e. free in the bushing cloth but tight in the "birdseye".  When
> > repinning, tightness in the birdseye is the first test, then fit the
> > bushing to the pin.  What would you call this?
> >
> > David I.
>
> To be honest with you I would not even know it.
> I consider it a part of the hammer flange, so I'll call it flange.
> If you wish for a literal translation, it would be 'vogel oog'... bird eye

Me thinks there is a misunderstanding here... the flange is bushed, the birdseye
is not. The flange connects to the whippen, or the hammer butt, or the damper
lever, or whatever part you want a flange to connect too......by way of a
centerpin that goes through the birdseye hole in that part.

Also.... you have a flange...and you have a part to connect to the flange. And
you have a centerpin...and axel if you will. The flange is bushed.. the part is
birdseye'd.... grin

Now that should be perfectly clear.  :)

--
Richard Brekne