Steinway blemishes

GBOLES@AOL.COM GBOLES@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:57:37 EDT

Lance,

       Last year, I spoke with Mike of Kearney Movers (out of New Jersey)
when his company was moving a CFIII from New York for me. He said that
because of DEQ regulations, Steinway has been forced to reformulate their
finish, and that it does not seem to cure as quickly or as hard as the
previous formula. He moves a lot of Steinways across country, and after being
blanket wrapped, the blankets leave an impression on the finish, which of
course makes the customer unhappy, and they blame the moving company. So, it
sounds like you're not the Lone Ranger on this issue.

Just My Two Cents

Greg Boles
Baton Rouge, LA