Baldwin Laying Off Workers

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:35:10 -0500

Kent Swafford wrote:

> By coincidence, the following is from this morning's (6-6) Kansas City Star,
> in an article concerning the recent Chapter 11 filing of a Kansas City
> business, Payless Cashways.

No surprise, I hate that store.  Just about every other place in town is
significantly cheaper.  Every time I'm in there it's like I'm the only one there,
the store is totally void of customers.  They can't even get their inventory
straight.  I went in to get gloss black paint for rail covers on PianoDisc
installations.  On the shelf was absolutely every color except black.  There
wasn't even a place for it on the shelf.  Stacked on shelves nearby were cans
still in the boxes, probably about 40 cases.  I looked at them to see if there was
any black.  No kidding, almost all of them were bright red.  Now who is going to
buy 400 cans of red paint?  I asked the paint guy about it and he shrugged it off
like he could care less.  This isn't the first time I've had this kind of
experience there.  Good riddance to Payless Cashways!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV