It won't be a Steinway anymore!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:14:19 -0500

> Does anyone have a good, but not glib, answer for these people?  I just don't
> understand their thinking.
>
> dave

I don't understand it either, nor do I have a good twenty word answer. If it's
a shrine, leave it alone and don't play it. If it's an instrument, let's make
it as good an instrument as we can. It can never again be exactly what it was,
if it ever was what it is thought to have been, without time travel.

It takes at least half an hour of discussion from a lot of different directions
to even come close to making the point - just like it does among professional
piano technicians on this list.

Ron N