It won't be a Steinway anymore!

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:22:27 -0500

I have been in this work for just under 30 years.  I've heard about any=
 question or comment possible by customers.  There's one though, that=
 completely stumps me!

If a piano needs a new sounding board I often here "...but it won't be a=
 Steinway anymore."  I often come up with a lame analogy to a race driver.=
  He doesn't care what kind of fuel pump his car has as long as it's the=
 fastest it can be.  Do you want your piano to be the best it can be, or do=
 you want to keep this old sounding board.

Does anyone have a good, but not glib, answer for these people?  I just=
 don't understand their thinking.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net