Baldwins, American, Japanese and other makes.

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 18:29:34 +0200

Coffee or not Jeannie its hard to be a nisse-man in this world and
still make any sense out of the names they put on pianos these days.
Its getting to the point where only a very few have names that make
any sense relative to the actual piano anymore.

Personally, I find the whole thing a bit sour tasting. Just like it
seems wrong in my gut to strip down a Steinway to its rim, replace
everything in a way Steinwway would never think of doing and still
call it a Steinway.

Many, if not most,  of these old names were smaller companies
started by some guy (gal?) who had a burning desire to build and
design a piano.... and put his heart and soul into them... some were
better then others... but instruments bearing these same names made
in elsewhere by people who care nothing about the origional
traditions, not to speak of quality pianos in general,.......
hmmmm... me no like.

So... Schiedmayer, Shildringsvorst, Sternbach, Skartoffelsalat, and
whatever others their might be....made in Indonesia or somesuch
place..... easy to get confused coffee or not.

JMV

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.