prices for tuning in your country?

Mikito HAYASHI mickey_hayashi@geocities.co.jp
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:38:57 +0900

Hi Gregor, and everybody,

I'm also new here. I joined yesterday and enjoying very much.

> i think itīs a great idea to change know-how all
> over the world.

Yes, indeed! I know only about Japan. I'm very curious about how is it in
other country. I spent wonderful times in Reno convention this month (my
first visit to US!), and I want to know more and more!

I am a Japanese technician living in Tokyo. I'm 29 y-o, not married, self
employee. And I'm under contract to local Yamaha dealer.

My (and dealer's) price is about $130 for vertical, $150 for grand.
I receive about 60% of that from the dealer.

I found it is relatively expensive than other areas, but yeah! Ryan, you're
right. Cost of living is an important factor in comparing income.

The rent in Tokyo is extraordinery expensive even than Manhattan or Silicone
valley, so it is difficult to live.  The apartment of only 250sq. ft. costs
$1,000, car pool is about $400 a month! But fortunately, sales tax is only
5% here and income tax is almost free because I'm poor :-).

Mickey HAYASHI