hanging hammers

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:45:32 -0500

What' cha think?
	What-a-I think????   I think IT never has made sense!  But I teach
choral music with the idea that "over their heads" isn't always
bad........   It's just I know that making high scores on the "holy
tests" means nothing about learning piano technology, and that when I run
across something I can screw up royally, I get paranoid quickly.  THEN
the esoterics are going on and on about stuff I can't possibly absorb in
less than about twenty more years, when I'll long since have been
relegated to a wheelchair and................................

	But, true it is there have been such gracious folks on the list who have
the "right answers"- especially when five people have five diametrically
opposed answers!  Then, I really learn stuff, and I find it most fun.
My loyalty to PTG has absolutely nothing to do with tests and all that
rot. It has to do with 1) My teacher, Jim Geiger, gentleman extrodinaire,
worships the Guild,  2) The local chapter has people attending who have
been so very gracious in their giving of time, energy, and information,
and 3) blessed to be recipient of such kindness, plus making friends who
are delights apart from pianos, I'm in a state of owing a great deal, and
so have, occasionally been able to offer a bit, even at my inexperienced
state.

	Being constantly reminded that not matter how much I learn, I still know
virtually nothing- ah, that's not fun, on a daily
	Thanks for your encouragement
les bartlett

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.