belly up Baldwin?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:22:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/01 12:10:07 AM Central Daylight Time, A440A@AOL.COM
 writes:

> Greetings,
>      I have had two customers tell me today that they heard of Baldwin's
> bankruptcy being announced today.  Anybody got current information?
> Regards,
> Ed Foote RPT

There is no media news today, otherwise I'd have already put it on the List.
I have my AOL account programmed to send me any news about any piano
manufacturer from any of the news services.  The last reported news was two
days ago, July 24.  That was about two board member resignations.

Baldwin is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, that is not news.  It happened a couple
of months ago.  They are reorganizing.  The recent inside news from Rob
Goodale was that they had large, unsold inventories of obsolete electronic
keyboards and pianos which were returned.  I think they probably also have
large inventories of brand new pianos and maybe other products too.

Since the market for them is so weak, they'll have to sell them for whatever
they can get.  This should be an opportunity for some people who otherwise
could not get a piano, to get a brand new Baldwin.  I also hope some of them
get to Cuba.  Schools and churches in poor US communities should get them too.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin