(Fwd) International Convention?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:15:32 -0600

At 11:34 AM 7/25/01 -0600, Rob wrote:

>Sorry, but one point hasn't really been addressed in the fracas:

Actually, I think it has, though perhaps not to your satisfaction, Rob.

>OK, great, so is this truly 'International' convention going to be
>held in different countries so that we can all have a turn at hosting?

So far it's been held in both Canada and the United states, which are two
different countries if I correctly remember my geography classes.
Considering most other countries don't have enough "local" RPTs to form a
chapter yet let alone put on a large convention I suspect that North
America is "it" be default.

>And can afford to attend using local currency? No? National it is
>then....

That's a different question. I was able to afford to go to Reno (a
different country from mine) only because I had quit smoking for 100 days.
I met members there from a half-dozen other countries so International it is!

With the loosening of the AmeriCanadian border lately perhaps we may see
the  International convention here in Calgary again in the near future.
Until members can be "beamed" from place to place I suspect the convention
will be held somewhere in North America just for the convenience, though
there's been talk of one in Hawaii. That one *will* be expensive!

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom