post-reno health: how's yours?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:05:52 -0600

At 05:10 PM 7/18/01 -0400, roo(k) wrote:

>Fine. Thanks for asking..just a few dollars lighter in the Right Front
>Pocket...and I smoke.

I came out of it OK too with no health problems that I notice. Some of the
classrooms were quite chilly though. Unfortunately, the smoke in the public
places did get to me and I started smoking lightly again, I suppose in self
defense. I'm back on the patch for a few days until I return to what was
becoming "normal".

I haven't talked about it much, but after 30 years of chain smoking John
Player's Specials (they call them "Black Death" on the street) I had quit
smoking April Fools Day of this year. While the health and business
benefits were the major factor in my decision, over the following 100 days
I saved enough by not smoking to cover a quarter of my expenses for the
whole convention trip!

As for my pockets, I'm no lighter than my budget allowed, I  had a lot of
fun and I learned a lot about our profession and about life. You can't
really ask for more. Many thanks to the PTG and Team 2001 for making it
possible!

Looking forward to Chicago in 2002!

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom