restringing bass

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:55:47 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/01 11:47:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> "I'd suggest pulling the piano out from the wall, find some padding such as
> moving or other old blanket, tilt the piano back about 45 degrees with the
> padding protecting the wall."
>
> I don't understand how this would help. It would make it difficult to get
> at the tuning pin area and seem to me it would present a huge danger of it
> falling. How does tilting the piano 45 degrees help?
>
> Terry Farrell

Tilting the piano back 45 degrees against a wall, to me, doesn't make sense.
When I suggested titling the piano on it's back on a tilter, was to be able
to stand in back of the piano, so that the tuning pins are right in front of
you, just as you would be stringing a grand piano.

Wim