restringing bass

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:59:39

Hi, Judy!

   Yes, tilters really work.

   I have an older one that I use all of the time.  It works very well, and
I tip a piano on my own.  Mind you, I am 6'5" and well over 200 lbs.

   The tipping is not difficult, and probably the toughest part is the
lowering or lifting in the last foot and a half or so when you have the
weight of the piano on the handles.

   It is safe, and I also use a strap through the backposts and around the
tilter frame to make sure the two stay together.

   The only incident I've ever had was my first piano tipping about 10 years
ago.  Someone had a jar of water in the bottom of the piano, and when I
tilted the piano it all sloshed out the bottom of the piano on to the floor!
  Now, I always check the bottom, first!

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson,

Regina, SK