My hearing condition, part 2.... please read me

Doctorb01@AOL.COM Doctorb01@AOL.COM
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:17:23 EDT

Dear: PTG Forum,

       Thank you all very much for taking the time and the effort in my case.
I did receive many views on this situation and many tips and, what I should
do's...

       There were also many responses that I believe that many people may
have miss understood. I do believe that these people may have good advice for
me and do want them to get all the facts that I had given. I'm counting
everyone's input on this.

       Here are a few things that I wanted to clear up.
       -I do not have hearing loss at all. The hearing tests and all related
tests are completely normal and perfectly fine.

       -I do not have a wax build up problem that was checked and found to be
normal and no chance of it causing this problem.

       -I was using ear plugs and I do believe that, that was the cause of
this problem. The reason why is because, the foam plugs that I was using did
not filter all the frequencies evenly and therefore cause a change or
alteration in my auditory cortex (brain) For those of you using ear plugs
other than the ER-15, 25, or 9 should consult an audiologist.

       -The condition that I have is partly Tinnitus (Ringing in the ears)
but the biggest problem that is causing me grief is the popping reflex or the
fluttering of my ear drums when I hear. This condition is known as a form of
Hyperacusis.

       What I would like to know is, if there is anyone out there that has
something similar to this, or knows of a connection between using ear plugs
and their side effects

       Thank you again for those who took the time with me and I hope that
everyone will again.

Sincerely, Simone Tucci     Doctorb01@aol.com