Dumb things we do

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 07:18:53 -0400

Well, I even went through a window once, and I admit now it was kinda
stupid, but here's the story....

I drove well out of my way to tune a piano in a little country church.
When I got there, no one was around, the church wasn't opened the way I
was promised it would be.  I had been too shortsighted to make sure I
had along a phone number or two, and that was before I carried a cell
phone anyway.  The residents of the nearest house didn't know who I
could call.  No way did I want to drive all the way home again with out
tuning that piano, unless there was just no other option.

I tried the windows and one of them was unlocked, but the bottom of it
was maybe 5-6 feet off the ground.  Now I'm not exactly lightweight, but
I managed to get myself in that window, cutting my hand pretty good on
some sharp edge somewhere.  As I tuned the piano I had to try to keep
the blood off the keys.

Clyde