1977 Yamaha U1

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:03:23 -0500

Don,

<<I suggest repairing the stripped bolts as you intend, and then
adding a complete DC system *with* a plastic back cover.>>

I usually install the system with the back cover--it just makes sense.

<<How tight are the tuning pins? >>

They are fine.

<<In your case, the piano was still *catching up* to the higher
humidity level so that is why you saw such a dramatic change.>>

I believe that this piano was not stabilized in April when I last tuned it
at 63% RH. But, I have no way of knowing these things, and they need the
piano at standard pitch. I know that it is not my problem when the tuning
goes out. They also know that, but it is indeed frustrating. (Not
frustrating enough for a DC system, though. :-))

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com