My Hearing Condition ,Please read this

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 08:40:04 -0700

Simone:
    I am sorry to hear of your malaise.  My mother was an audiologist,
so I would have asked her about this, but it seems you've already gone
to many of them already.
    After about 10  years of tuning, I finally realized that I was
getting sensitive to the loud pounding I was doing on the pianos.  I got
some Musician's ear plugs from my mother (custom fit).  I found them
uncomfortable.  I later got those ER 15's from Musician's Friend and I
use them now.  They do help a lot.
    I also have friends who have damaged their hearing in various ways,
rock bands and firearms, etc.  They can't stand any loud noise at all,
even with ear plugs is uncomfortable.
    Since your chosen occupation is on the line, I hope you can at least
mitigate this problem.  Hearing loss is a delayed reaction to something
you did to cause it.
    Wish I could help.  Good luck,
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego