Durable bushings (was PVC-E)

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:18:00 -0500

>Are you using a standard high quality buckskin, or something else? Folks
>have mentioned bushing with leather, but I don't recall anyone getting real
>specific on the type of leather used, and why it was chosen.
>Thanks,
>
>Ron N

Ron,
Here in the institutional world (where the technicians are
committed), I prefer to use Renner keyboard leather.  I chose it
after trying other types (Richard Meyer, Pianotek) and found that it
is a very consistent thickness.  It also doesn't change size after
the glue application - rather nice.  It comes in two thicknesses, 1.0
mm and 1.2 mm; I usually use the 1.0 mm.  As Roger mentioned, it is
rather pricey at around $20/piece, but it's worth it to me if I don't
have to rebush keys every year.  If you'd like more details, feel
free to contact me.

Respectfully,
Jon

Jon Ralinovsky