traveling/traveling/ traveling?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:43:06 -0600

Hi Richard,
                 Sure I've tried it. but I  don't disagree with the way
Priss does it.  We both probably end up in the same place, will a similar
quality job.

I think the reason I do it my way is because of the following:

1. I install and rough the shanks.  The shanks are resting down on the
cushion felt
2. Dry fit the end hammers, and set my jig so the sample shanks are
horizontal.
3. Elevating the shanks will show badly travelled hammers with bad spacing.

I just find it easier to partially clean up the problems before glueing the
hammers on.
It works for me.  Maybe I'm ducking?  <G>

Roger