Reconditioning of ebony keys

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:21:40 +0100

In addition to something called Ebenholtz (something that we get over here from
german supply houses and reminds me very much of black shoe polish) I have seen
black politur (sprit lak... shellack.... with black tinctur) used with very nice
results.

Paint seems to be misunderstood as somekind of easy and quick way of making them
black again. I dont find it much slower to clean them off and run a couple coats
of black politur over them.  Nice sheen to the polish.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.