Reconditioning of ebony keys

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:36:39 EST

Dale:
Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you wishing to keep a grained appearance in the
ebonies? Then the lacquer finish is wrong. Terry had some good ideas. We
generally shoot a finish on the keys since most of the time we are dealing
with damaged wood to begin with, that is, SW's et. al. from the vintage era
with a great deal of wear on everything including the keys. Some of this
comes down to taste also. We have had customers who requested a visible
grain, and others who thought that visible grain was a defect in the finish!
So no one way is correct, but depends on the desired outcome.
Paul Revenko-Jones