pianotech-digest V2001 #166

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:01:35 -0800

"From: Newton Hunt <nhunt@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Yamaha U1..(P.S.)

My Yamaha P2-F, 1971, seems to not be made for the American market yet
I bought it from the deal for whom I worked.  Strange."

Not all of the built for the US market Yamaha piano serial numbers got included in our online database.  If the serial number comes up as "...made for the US market" you can trust the result, regardless of the serial number.
IF the result of a serial number search is "... not made for the US market", and IF the serial number is below 2,500,000, and IF you believe the piano was made for the US market,  you may want to call Piano Service (800) 854 1569 (press 2 at both menu choices) and ask us to check a micro-fisch file we have here that includes some of of the "missing" serial numbers.

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com