Grey Market piano (was Re: Yamaha U1)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:02:45 -0600

>...Bottom line, quality pianos that are not maintained well will not perform
>well.  If a piano is old and abused, then it will perform like an old and
>abused piano.  Regardless where it was made...
>Garret Traylor...

Garrett, List,

Thank you for this information.  Also, while searching thru my files on
this subject, I came across another post you wrote to the Pianotech List in
April 1997, which was very informative!

It concerned the different grades.  The thread title was "Japanese
Yamahas", and can be found at this site
http://www.ptg.org/archive/pianotech.php/1997/PT093_97

It's another excellent contribution on this subject by someone who has been
there.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731