Barbara Pease-Renner

owen j. greyling greyco@kingston.net
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:10:02 -0500

Hi List,
  Do any of you recognize the name Barbara Pease-Renner?=20
My son gave me a wonderful CD for Christmas featuring the great Oscar =
Peterson, called "A Summer Night in Munich".
The piano sounds very nicely tuned and voiced, and in the liner notes =
credit is given where it is definitely due to Bosendorfer and to Ms. =
Pease-Renner, obviously a skilled piano technician. The CD is #83450 on =
the Telarc label.

  I have been experimenting for a little while with Bill Bremmer's EBVT, =
not for customers yet, but in my shop, at home, and at the showroom. =
There is a clarity in this tuning that really appeals to me, and , could =
I be kidding myself? I think I hear that tuning, especially on cut =
three, on Mr. Peterson's CD.

  If anybody knows for sure, or knows Ms. Pease-Renner and her work, I =
would like to hear from you.

If anybody who has done so, would care to comment on how you have began =
using EBVT or any temp besides ET, with your regular clientele, I'm =
looking for suggestions.

Thanks, All
Owen (near Kingston, ON, Canada)