Not enough dampers

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:14:46 -0500

I had a customer complain that the upper notes on his new console piano =
above where the dampers leave off,  rang out for too long.  It was a =
good quality piano in a very live room.  I agreed with him, and after =
tuning and cleaning up the unisons, it did sound a little better,  but =
it still rang excessively, in my opinion.  What is the criteria for =
cutoff of dampers in the treble?  Can anything be done to mute this =
objectional ringing?

Phil Ryan
Miami Beach, FL