Not enough dampers

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:51:28 -0500

Phil,

If my memory serves me correctly, most consoles have dampers up to and
including E6.  Some will go several notes further.  I think I found one
vertical piano that damped as high as B6, but I can't say for sure.

If the damper liftrod goes the full length of the action, I suppose you
could add some spoons, drill some holes and add more damper lever
assemblies.  But from your description I'm wondering if the problem
isn't just the longer reverberation in a very live room.  In that case,
find ways to cut the reverberation time or learn to accept it the way it
is.

Regards,
Clyde