Brinsmead Piano (was Soundboard grain angle)

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 00:52:06 0000

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:50:43
 John Delacour wrote:
>At 11:26 AM -0800 12/4/01, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
>

>>I have been refining the radial-dispersion rib configuration over
>>the years and am now fairly comfortable with it as well.
>
>You would be interested to see how Brinsmead did this and to hear the
>effect, which is almost unique.  The soundboard is so responsive that
>the load pedal has the effect of opening the swell on an organ.  This
>is very rare and gives the player a whole ne vista of expressive
>possibilities.
>
>JD

John,
You've mentioned this Brinsmead piano a few times now.  I've never seen one.  Could you give
us a bit more description of this beast.  Particularly some details about the rib placement.
By the way, is this a straight (flat) strung piano?

Phil

---
Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration