Tuning lever heads

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:57:14 -0500

On Saturday, December 1, 2001, at 08:14 AM, Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I'd like to take this discussion a different direction.  As I admitted
> recently, I am a left-handed tuner.

Me too though otherwise right handed.
> When I am tuning a grand piano, my
> preferred position of the tuning hammer is about 5:00

Mine is at 10 -11:00 -- the idea of tuning at 5:00 had never occurred to
me!

>   Positioning the hammer at 3:00 would
> have worked, I suppose, but the twist in my back felt uncomfortable at
> best and
> unhealthy at worst.

Aw, c'mon! You're a piano tuner! A screwed up back is part of the job
description!

We probably *should* have all possible lengths & sizes, but all that
weight in the tool kit gets to be a bit much. Time to fire off an order
to Schaff, I guess.

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available