sanderson Bass strings/scale

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:41:45 +0000

At 11:07 AM -0500 12/1/01, Erwinspiano@AOL.COM wrote:

>I noticed you and Del have been having a lively discussion.

Hey that sounds fun!  I must read the messages before Ron O gets up :-)

>       One item I wanted to mention to you both is that the rescaled
>"o" had whole wire size tension jumps in the capo sections. So any
>of you who have the specs. on this can crunch the no.s and tell me
>or whoever how  high the tension must have been after rescaling as
>opposed to before.
>     Maybe the spread sheet no.s looked good but in reality.....well
>that's a different story. RIGHT??????????

Send along the gauge numbers off-list <mailto:jd@pianomaker.co,uk>
and the lengths if you have them, and I'll be happy to have a look
and see what gives.  Whole number jumps can sometimes be OK in the
low tenor where the tension's just cranking up, but rarely if ever in
the flute section.

JD