Rules Question.

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:51:54 -0400

I'd be curious just how many members of the PTG DON'T use the name or the
logo in their advertisements.??

Can I be honest?  I mean really honest?  I don't find the logo to be
attractive.  I've found very little interest among customers about whether
or not I'm an RPT or even an associate.  I can remember about a half dozen
people in about that many years that had even a passing interest.

I have also wondered at times if there are some techs who have looked at the
"requirements" for using the logo, print sizes, etc., and have just simply
said "thanks, but no thanks" to using the guild name at all.

I don't mean to imply that the guild isn't important or that improving ones
knowledge and skill isn't a worthy aspiration of all of us.  The PTG is
certainly valuable and worthwhile.

But outside of a very small minority, as far as the general public is
concerned, the attitude I normally see is, "Who cares about your
credentials.  Can you fix my piano?"

Just my two cents.  No offense intended...

Brian Trout
Slidell, LA
trouts_place@hotmail.com