(OT) A real Whopper

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:23:52 -0700

I got something very similar to this a few weeks ago.  A simple web
search for the name "Barrister Salim Babakura" will come up dry on
several leading search engines.  Anyone who is connected with people
with this kind of money would probably be notorious enough to come up on
a simple web search.  I wonder what happens if you send a fax to this
guy?  I can't imagine any benefit to the sender since he isn't asking
for cash so I don't see any scam.  Money laundering could be the only
other possibility.  It just sounds to me like someone with WAY too much
time on their hands who wants to clog the internet up with crap.  Go
figure!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV