RPT/Associate-last post

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:54:31 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/2001 1:04:29 AM, David R. wrote:

<<<<" In a message dated 4/25/2001 10:10:50 PM, David R. wrote:
What portion of my quoted comment do you find most troubling?
Jim Bryant (FL)">>>>

<<"That...........
Becoming an RPT only allows one to participate more fully in the
political and policy making of PTG

I hope we can make it more then "only" that.
Were trying.">>

David;
 The designation of RPT is verrry slowly becoming recognized by more and more
of our customers. Partly through individual efforts and partly through
chapter efforts such as yours. In some locales a few customers even 'ask' for
an RPT when they call the dealer for service. (Jacksonville is one example)

Since the RPT designation carries with it a 'few' "privileges/rights" which
Associates don't get it also carries with it some responsibilities that
Associates don't have.
Ain't no free lunch...doncha know :-)

 Other than those meagerly offerings there is not a single thing that PTG
offers to the RPT that is not also offered to the Associates. Likewise there
is not a single thing that an RPT can do that an Associate can not do in
their business life. That is just the way it is. And this is the reason why I
made my comment.

  Hopefully as more time passes and more chapters and individuals take the
promotion of RPT status more seriously it will mean more in the future....but
right now it don't. We all need to keep in mind the Wizards Third
rule..........."passion rules reason".

 I personally think that the tests for RPT are a very good thing and a very
valuable learning experience for anyone. If nothing else taking the tests
will refresh the noodle in some areas that may not be used that often and the
ole saying of "use it or lose it" does apply! :-) As for the tuning
tests...where else can you get the undivided attention of three 'excellent'
tuner types for a BUNCH of hours for only 60 bucks?...the tuning test is an
excellent gauge of skills, and areas where improvment can be made, regardless
of designations.

In the most recent member survey I believe that close to 65% of Associates
said that RPT was not that important to them and that they were not planning
on taking the tests any time soon, if ever. About 20% said they were working
on the tests and the rest said they were never gonna take the
test............................It all depends on what the individual sees as
beneficial and of value in some terms....until then????

Keep up the good works at your chapter level and thanks for sharing that
program with us.
Jim Bryant (FL)