(OT) A real Whopper

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:55:43 +0200

Since joining the UiB and getting an internett account there, I was
warned that I would be er..... solicited from time to time by folks
with some weird scam for ripping off money.... havent got one of
these yet but today was the magic day... I copied off the text (for
safety sake) and decided to share this with you... can you believe
this stuff ??? grin.... some people.....duh...

Barrrister Salim Babakura.
10 Johnson Avenue
Victoria Island,
Lagos- Nigeria.
Fax: 234-1-263-6573
Mobile phone no: 234-90-502-729

Sir,

May I briefly introduce myself to you. I am Barrister
Salim Babakura, the family Attorney to the late
Nigeria Head of State, General Sani Abacha who died on
the 8th June, 1998.

Ever since the death of the General, his family has
been facing a lot of problems mostly with the present
Civilian Government. Consequently his son (my friend)
Mohammed Abacha has been under torture making a lot of
confessions as regards valuables, money inclusive that
the late father entrusted in his hand for safe
keeping. The latest is his confession on the
US$700,000,000.00 (Seven Hundred Million United States
Dollars) cash his late father gave him for safe
keeping.

Being a very close friend of Mahammed Abacha, he
sometime in 1999 shortly after his fathers death gave
me US$250,000,000.00 (Two Hundred and fifty Million
United States Dollars) to transfer out of the country.
Normally, we (I and Mahammed Abacha) usually do such
transaction, by first sending the money out by Cargo
to security company outside Nigeria, as a photographic
materials to the security company abroad. And
thereafter go to the security company for claim, then
straight to bank.

Presently, I can not travel out of Nigeria because of
Mohammed Abacha's confession. This has actually caused
the Federal Government of Nigeria to confiscate our
international passport, frozen every of my family
member bank account - home and abroad, even our
properties.

My problem now is, since Mohammed Abacha has started
confessing, I want someone that can assist me to move
the US$250,000,000.00 out from the security company
abroad, before Mohammed Abacha will open up to the
Security Agents. To this regard I am soliciting for
your assistance to claim the money out from the
Security Company abroad.

I shall be ready to negotiate with you on any
percentage you might want from the sum. On your advise
I shall be ready to invest my own share of the sum in
your country. I assure you that there will be no
problems at all in the course of moving out the money.
I shall give you details as soon as you accept
assisting me.

Please kindly send me a fax on my private fax no:
234-1-263-6573 or call me on mobile phone no:
234-90-502-729 or my above stated e-mail address for
security purpose. I shall so much appreciate your
immediate response for full details of the business.
Please save me the anxiety of endless waiting.

Thanking you in anticipation to your kind
understanding and cooperation.
Best Regards.

Barrister Salim Babakura.

Wayyy off topic I am sure... but thought some of you might get a
kick out of this... I would not suggest bitting in to this
watermellon....grin.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.