EBVT tunings

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 05:54:26 -0500

Bill,

<<I think I will rewrite the instructions to where F3-A3 will be the only
estimated interval (at 6 beats per second).  That should be easy for an
aural
ET tuner to adapt to.  If the estimate is good, every interval following
that
will either be pure or will beat exactly the same as another, which makes
the
EBVT much easier to get correct than ET. >>

I tuned this way yesterday, and it is more straightforward. If you follow
through with the rewrite, you will likely have more people trying it.

<< snip... Marpurg-Neidhardt Composite Quasi Equal Temperament.>>

Is this one of your creations, or is it found in the Jorgensen book?

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com