Another PRT passes away

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:05:36 -0400

John McDonald, RPT was one of the friendliest persons I have met.
He was always anxious to share his knowledge and I have picked up
many tips from him. He encouraged me to join the PTG.

John belonged to the Providence Chapter for the past few years,
before then he was with the Boston Chapter. We attended a few
regional seminars together and helped each other whenever the need arose.

John retired from tuning about five years ago to get in more fishing time.
Unfortunately the past year brought a rapid decline in his health and the
boat went unused.

I will miss John and our talks. My heart goes out to his wife Frances,
and I expect to see many of his former customers at his service on
Saturday to offer support and condolences. I hope someone will play
the Steinway which he rebuilt for his church, that would be a fitting tribute.

John was a true friend,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net