Associate to associate

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:55:06 -0500

> If the power and position of the Guild were such as the aforementioned AMA
> then I could see where the use of a title would inspire confidence from our
> customers in us and perhaps to a degree from one of us to another but such is
> not the case.

If we are now required, or even presumed to have automatic confidence in any
AMA member with a Yellow Page ad, I'd like the bus stopped please. This is
where I get off. It is my experience, impression, and conviction that the
percentage of chronic incompetents is roughly equal in any professional (or
amateur, for that matter) field you could name. In addition, each and every one
of us has the capacity for transient stupidity episodes, even if we are mostly
harmless and competent The difference is that in our profession, the customer
loses money or property in a botched job. We don't get to kill and maim our
customers all that often, so the AMA probably isn't the best of all possible
choices for comparison.

Ron N