The Forum (Kinda OT)

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:44:32 -0700

In view of some of the posts of the last few days, I'd like to make a =
few comments.

I have made it a habit that when someone makes a disparaging, insulting =
or otherwise questionable comment, I first look up the name in the =
directory.  I"d like to know where this person is from etc. No need if I =
know who it is.

There have been recently 2 examples I'd like to cite.

1.  Three or four have suggested that humor such as many of us have has =
no place on the list.

2.  The on topic discussion of soundboard springs has been ridiculed.

I have been involved in both these examples and having looked up the =
most outspoken responses find not suprisingly that they are not listed =
in the directory.  Could they be

1.  New members
2.  Non members
3.  Incognito
4.  Other

I want to personally and publicly thank Del for sharing his ideas =
regarding springs for soundboards.  He also graciously shared his e-mail =
address to someone who didn't know how to find it on the e-mails or even =
look it up in the directory.  (Maybe he doesn't have one).
This was after being ridiculed.  Del, maybe your skin is just a little =
too thick.

Being the Rodney Dangerfield of the PTG, I'm easily hurt but considering =
the source does help.  I feel better now.

Carl (check the source) Meyer