HTML<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Space Abusel<BR>Unnecessary &amp; <BR>Archive Clog<BR><A = href=3D"mailto:whoever@insists.com"></A></DI= V> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: = 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV> <DIV=20 style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: = black"><B>From:</B>=20 <A href=3D"mailto:curmudgeon@aloss.com" = title=Fedup@remain.com>Cosmo=20 Snatchfont</A> </DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A = href=3D"mailto:pianotech@ptg.org"=20 title=3Dpianotech@ptg.org>pianotech@ptg.org</A> </DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 24, 2001 = forever=20

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:50:40 -0500

Gang,
For those graphically expressive among you who are using HTML encoding in
your messages, please take a few minutes and go to the archives. Look at
the messages enshrined therein and note the length of the plain vanilla
ASCII text posts compared to the indispensably decorative and creatively
expressive messages of similar literary content. Be aware that anyone
searching the archives as we so often suggest they do to relieve us of
typing and posting the same thing for the seventy third time, and everyone
receiving the List in digest form has to wade and sift through all that
junk to read the content. Be aware, also, that all that extraneous junk is
stored forevermore, or at least until the EMP hits, on the hard drive
taking up space like a smelly old dog that won't run away or die. In
deference and respect for those who wish to make use of the archives some
day - including possibly yourself if the curse works - Might we not speak
in ASCII on this List, and leave the special visual effects and wild
gesticulation for face to face meetings when we're each too drunk to figure
out what the other is saying anyway?

Thank you for your attention.

Ron N