Fw: just what is 7/32"?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:15:07 EDT

Jim writes:
<< I can't
imagine what Eds problem is here >>

    My problem is finding an agraffe that is the same size as the original
Steinway 7/8" thread, which is .218".  All the modern 7/8" agraffes are .211
or so.  They are too loose to inspire confidence.  This can't be a unique
situation, with so many people stating that they replace agraffes.  Does
everyone else just screw them in loose like this?  They wobble all the way
down to the shoulder.
    It has been suggested that I use JB weld while installing these
questionable threads, and it has been suggested to ream out to 1/4".  Dale E.
has offered a used set, which is more attractive an offer than the other two.
 What I had blindly hoped for was new parts that fit,but it is beginning to
seem they aren't out there.
Thanks to all,
Ed Foote RPT