Threads, loose threads

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:43:37 EDT

Paul writes:
<<<<  The questionable series is I think, 225-264000. I could be
off on these numbers.>>

Greetings,
   I don't know, either, but I looked at these agraffes under a lens, and
guess what?  The thread stops about 1mm short of the top of the shank, and
there were several that had obviously had some thread cut by the plate
threading!  Also,  there is no undercut on the bottom of the agraffe's base.
    It is interesting to note that there were no shims used under these
agraffes, and they were all lined up and in the same plane.  Was this done by
just bending the agraffes to fit or spot milling the holes?  They all look
the same.
   This piano's serial number is 201901.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT