Errata: Six Degrees

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:03:38 EDT

Greetings,
    Hmm,  it is amazing how much proof-reading can be done after something is
already being printed, and how many slips can occur between producers and
record companies!  The disc is mostly as I wanted it, but I have had the
following errors pointed out in the liner notes and included charts of the
"Six Degrees" Cd booklet.

1) The Mozart comparison takes place on tracks 11, 12, and 13.  The text has
them listed wrong but the back cover is correct.

2)  On the temperament comparison page, the  C#-F of the well temperament
should be 19.5 instead of 9.5

3) On the Coleman 11 chart,  the F-A is 9 cents, the C-E is 7.7 cents, and
the G-B is 8 cents.  (There is some rounding off here from the exactitude
with which Jim drew this temperament).

4)  Lastly, the cover was supposed to have the printing in the same style as
the Beethoven CD, but somehow got converted to white block letters.  I hope
to have that changed on second printing.

   I hope those that have listened to it will be willing to share their
reactions, this is new stuff and we can all learn from other's perspectives.
It is interesting that we now can compare Chopin on three tunings.  Tim
Farley's very clean production on the 1/7 C meantone, ours on the
DeMorgan,and innumerable renditions on tried and true ET.  (The jury is still
out on the DeMorgan, I can't decide if I love it or hate it...)
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT